Major Progress on Joint Action Committee Agreement in Azad Kashmir

0 27

Independent Report
Islamabad, January 5, 2026: Federal Minister for Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan, Engineer Amir Muqam, said that most points of the Joint Action Committee (JAC) agreement have been implemented. Acting on the agreement, the Home Department has withdrawn 172 FIRs, leaving only 15 of serious nature pending. The current Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir has held several cabinet meetings to ensure timely implementation of the agreement’s points.
During a joint press conference with Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhry, Engineer Muqam said suspended employees during the protests have been reinstated and compensation for affected individuals has been provided. Property transfer ordinances have been submitted to the President, USF CEO and board appointments completed, and two educational boards have been approved. Open merit policies in medical colleges are now being implemented, while water supply projects are progressing under the agreement.
The Minister expressed disappointment over JAC members’ absence from today’s scheduled monitoring meeting, calling it a setback to ongoing efforts for public welfare and development in Azad Kashmir. Dr. Tariq Fazal Chaudhry added that all details of the October 2025 agreement had previously been shared with the media, and federal oversight committees continue to monitor implementation. He reiterated that the federal government remains committed to resolving public grievances and ensuring peaceful, structured development in Azad Kashmir.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.